Sunday, September 13, 2015

Annie turns 41! (and is okay with my song and dance)


Annie, my secret friend turned 41 on Thursday September 10th, and I was lucky enough to spend some of her big day with her and the rest of the Cle Elum 7. Pictured above is a video of me singing Annie a birthday song, and Annie being moderately pleased. I had some fringe suede boots on that she really liked, and I think she liked them more than my dance. 

here is a photo of me ready to get married with a painting of Annie I did. 

I can't say that Annie and I have had a good relationship since I've known her, to be honest it's been almost the opposite. Annie was slow to warm up to me, and after 3 years we finally have an unspoken enjoyment of each other. She loves human bare feet, and after learning that we try to bond by looking at my feet together when boss Jamie is in the other room. Annie now asks for grooming sessions from time to time, greets me with a hand tickle in the morning and will nod here and there if I am dancing. For all of these moments, I am so thankful. 


Upon arriving to the chimp house on Thursday, I went to see where the birthday girl was. This photo is exactly where I found her; enjoying some solitude on her special day. I thought for a second "oh man, why isn't she with Missy? Or running around?" That only lasted for a moment before I remembered that it's Annie's day, and she's doing exactly what she wants to be doing. She now has the freedom and choice to run around and chase Missy or sit in peace and quiet and look out at the hill. I love that I found her here, enjoying some time on her own. Years ago, Annie was practically attached to Missy's hip. Where Missy would go, she would follow. Seeing Annie on her own, without anxiety about being on her own was a wonderful thing. 

Fall is here, and I think the chimps are really enjoying the change in weather. Summer was a little too hot for these 7 who are used to typical PNW temps, and now everyone is enjoying some more cool winds. 



Here is the boss Jamie, head nodding at my sweet boots. Upon saying good night, she kept asking for them. Alas, sweet boss, these boots are made for walking with you, not on your feet! 

Lots of events and projects in the works with moving, work and otherwise, so stay tuned. <3
B





No comments:

Post a Comment