Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Vacation / One Year of Marriage and how I'm DYING to get back to work!


ONE YEAR! Lars and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary on 8.15.16 in Chelan when the world wasn't burning around us. I had the great (eyeroll) idea of getting up before the sunrise, getting dressed in our wedding clothes and going down to a dock to take some photos in the golden hour. Each year on our anniversary we will take photos with the years we've been married. 

But you know what sucks? 
Waking up at 445am on your vacation. 
Getting dressed like you want to look presentable in any way. 
Putting on YOUR EFFING WEDDING CLOTHES WHICH ARE ALL LAYERS AND ZIPPERS AND BUTTONS UNTIL YOUR EYES FALL OUT. 

So, I had this great idea and then the alarm went off and I was like "nope." 

Luckily, sweet dear Lars knew I would kick myself in the afternoon hours (which I said multiple times later that day) if I didn't get some photos. And to be truthful, I'm DAMN PROUD of what we got. No photographer, no fancy equipment, no selfie stick and no editing. We got some pretty good shots of each other! 

Here are a few of the shots we got!: 










I could tell you that our year has been testing and full of ups and downs but honestly, THATS A LIE. 
Lars and I are pretty different than most newly married people because we have been together for 10 years prior to finally getting married. We understand each other almost TOO well and when I'm frustrated or upset with anything it's almost like Lars solves the problem before I even realize I'm having it. Sure we bicker, but mostly jokingly and shortly after we both say something to the tune of "How do we still not have a TV show!?!?" (Because for real: we are funny as hell.) 

If this sounds a little "my married life is perfect" to you, I assure you it's anything BUT. However, I don't like to pretend or make believe anything. We have a solid, sass-filled, love-filled, LOUD marriage. And the first year overall has been smooth sailing. Mostly me freaking out over things I have no control of and Lars reminding me I have no control and telling me to breathe. 

It was nice to unwind and get tan and eat all the fresh fruits but I am SO READY TO GET BACK TO WORK. I miss all my babies at Pasados and I hate when I'm away from them for so long. 

Thursday before I got to Chelan I did a shift at the chimp house and we had a morning breakfast forage on the hill. Here are some photos I got: 

LOVE that blue sky! 

Jody snacking. 


Annie finds an orange. 



Jody taking her haul inside. 


Jamie 

Annie with some pea tendrils. 

Foxie with troll baby. 

Annie, Missy. 

Annie leaving, Missy. 

Missy taking the haul. 



And of course, Mr. Bub.

I LOVE Young's Hill forages. Watching the chimps head out and go to their favorite spots and seeing where they end up. The quiet of no sounds but munching mouths. There is nothing better! 

I'm ready to get back to Pasados and snuggle EVERYONE. 
But mostly the real love of my life, Norman cow. 

All the for sale lots on the east side were greeted with "Oooh! Norman and Hank would LOVE this pasture." 

because that's how much I love them. 

MORE SOON! 
b


No comments:

Post a Comment